Before I get into this post, just a quick word on Timothy. He has been stable. No sickness, no infections. So no news is good news. Lately, I have been able to post non-Timothy entries. Enjoy, while it lasts :).
My last post was on my husband’s hobbies. So for this one, I thought I share my favorite books. Since this is my only real ‘hobby’ :).
1. The Life of God in the Soul of Man by the Rev. Henry Scougal. My absolute favorite book. Changed my life.
2. Grace & Glory by Geerhardus Vos. Love Love Love this collection of sermons. Especially, number IV ‘Rabboni!’
3. Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse. Books dealing with inner man/struggles, identity crisis strikes a cord with me.
4. Resurrection by Leo Tolstoy. This one as well. Moved me immensely.
5. The Pilgrim’s Regress by C.S. Lewis
6. The Pilgrim’s Progress by John Bunyan
7. Redemption Accomplished and Applied by John Murray
The next two are very practical books which I like to refer to from time to time:
8. Shepherding a Child’s Heart by Tedd Tripp
9. A Praying Life by Paul Miller
And last, but not least, the BIBLE :).
As I write this blog, guess what my hubby is doing???
Don’t ask, I don’t even know what this contraption is called. All I hear is his new and improved R/C car colliding into the wall semi-high speed.
i love 'Rabboni!' too!ReplyDelete
i read Siddartha to understand Nina better when I was in college. :)
And of course, Praying Life is awesome...
what are you reading lately?
Oh Alice, even your hobby books are so refined and full of wisdom... It does not compare to my collection of twilight novels! Love you!ReplyDelete
dang girl, you need to add some Twilight and Hunger Games in there! =)ReplyDelete
and that contraption does look pretty cool.