God is merciful. We have experienced His mercy once again today. Our doctor gave us the green light to head back home. We have one more appointment next Friday, and we say our farewell and head back to sunny California on July 24th. Yes, we have booked our flight :). Almost 7 months to the day we arrived here in Houston, we are ready to return home. Timothy had a bone marrow transplant (BMT). I can’t believe it at times. There could have been so many things that could have gone wrong with so many complications, but ONLY through His mercy, Timothy has been stable and “healthy” thus far. We now enter into a new phase of post-transplant recovery. As I received the news today, my heart raced in excitement and trepidation. I pray the next phase will be smooth and Timothy will be restored in full physical health. FYI, Timothy will still be in social isolation when we return home. Until he is off the steroids and the immune suppressant, he won’t be going to any crowded places, i.e. church… Since his marrow is not his own, he will be vaccinated again after a year post-transplant. We will try very hard so that he won’t get sick. It will be very interesting as we go through a crowded airport and board a commercial airplane with lots of people… I do have a game plan in mind, but we’ll see how it goes. Timothy will be wearing his mask the whole time.
Dear friends and family in So. Cal… we will see you soon :).
Best news I've gotten in a while. Can't wait to have you guys home. Praying continually.ReplyDelete
Truly miraculous! So amazed at our God who is so loving and merciful, and so glad that you have shared your journey so that I can see God's glory through you! Will be praying for the trip back...ReplyDelete
Sooo exciting! Continued prayers!ReplyDelete
that is awesome news!!ReplyDelete
Such great news!!!! It's gonna be so good having you guys back. Praying for a healthy transition back home!ReplyDelete
Such fantastic news! I'm thrilled for you guys! Praying for a smooth transition and germ free travels. I'm nervous about that part, too. Looks like we might be heading home the same week, but no date set yet.ReplyDelete