Several people have come up to me telling me how they saw our family on T.V. The other day, we were even recognized by a stranger. Timothy has become a public figure :). Here’s the Public Service Announcement channel 18 has made after our news interview. Apparently it’s on every night at least several times. Warning: it’s in Korean.
Did you notice the first picture they show is a picture of Claire, not Timothy? I guess, they thought Claire was Timothy :).
There is also an article on Cerritos Newsletter for the month of September re: A3M and bone marrow registry.
A3M seeks marrow donors
August 26, 2011
Asians for Miracle Marrow Matches (A3M) is an organization that helps people in need of marrow donors. A3M coordinates donor recruitment drives to increase and diversify the national “Be the Match” National Marrow Donor Program registry.
A3M is currently looking for a donor for 19-month-old Timothy Song, who was diagnosed with chronic granulomatous disease (CGD) at two months of age. The rare primary immunodeficiency disease prevents Timothy from fighting off common everyday infections on his own. Although Timothy’s match will most likely come from a Korean donor, thousands of patients from all ethnicities are currently waiting for donors. Seventy percent of patients do not have a donor in their family and depend on the “Be The Match” Registry.
Upcoming A3M blood and marrow drives are listed below:
- Thursday, September 1 from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. at the ICDC College Huntington Park Campus, 5812 Pacific Boulevard in Huntington Park.
- Friday, September 2 from 6 to 11 p.m. at the Asian Garden Mall, 9200 Bolsa Avenue in Westminster.
- Saturday, September 3 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Christian Community Center, 8725 S. Broadway in Los Angeles.
- Wednesday, September 7 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Second Samoan Church, 655 Cedar Avenue in Long Beach.
- Sunday, September 18 from 7:45 a.m. to 6 p.m. at New Life Vision Church, 4650 W. Olympic Boulevard in Los Angeles.
On Sunday, October 2 at 7 p.m., A3M will host its 14th Annual Benefit Concert at the Cerritos Center for the Performing Arts. The event features famed vocalist Lani Misalucha with Grammy Award winning pianist Jim Brickman. For more information or tickets, call the CCPA ticket office at (562) 916-8500.
Volunteer opportunities with A3M include assisting with local donor recruitment drives; outreach; office/administrative tasks; patient support; and translation/interpretation services. If you are interested in volunteering or contributing to A3M, contact the main office at (888) 236-4673 or visit www.a3mhope.org.
Post a Comment